Even though school is out for the summer, children can still have a season full of learning with the Core Sound Museum’s Storytime and Time for Science.
“Friday mornings at 806 Arendell (St.) are all about the children and providing them a place to have fun and learn, just like we did before at the museum,” Core Sound Waterfowl Museum and Heritage Center’s Executive Director Karen Amspacher said. “We are hoping this location in town will bring new kids and their mothers and grandmothers to visit with us while the preschoolers listen, play and explore.”
Storytime and Time for Science is from 10:30-11:30 a.m. Fridays at the museum store at 806 Arendell St., Morehead City, and includes stories, learning activities, crafts and snacks.
Groups should register for the programs by calling 252-728-1500, as there is limited space for the programs.
Below is the upcoming schedule:
• Friday, July 28: Storytime: Miss Teresa (Everett) will teach “Summer’s hot, but Pete the Cat is cool.”
• Friday, July 5: Miss Kristin (Lupton) will teach Time for Science “Something’s Fishy!”
• Friday, July 12: Miss Teresa will teach Storytime, “Summer by the Sea.”
• Friday, July 19: Miss Kristin will teach Time for Science, “Ice Cold Science!”
• Friday, July 26: Miss Teresa will teach Storytime, “Plundering Pirates are here!”
• Friday, Aug. 2: Miss Kristin will teach Time for Science, “Sweet ‘n Juicy Science”
• Friday, Aug. 9: Miss Teresa will teach Storytime, “Have YOU Seen the Dinosaurs?”
• Friday, Aug. 16: Miss Kristin will teach Time for Science, “Something’s Fishy!”