For the past decade, Downtown Morehead City Inc. has partnered with vendors, nonprofits and boat dealers in the area to celebrate something that is a major part of many lives – boating and fishing.
The Crystal Coast Boat Show is free and open to the public from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, May 18 and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, May 19.
The Crystal Coast Boat Show features new and used boats, in water and on land, and showcases a variety of marine products, services and outdoor gear.
“Living on the Crystal Coast, some of our fondest memories are on or along the waterfront, and the annual Crystal Coast Boat Show has become a reminder of this,” organizers said in a recent press release. “For two days, boat and fishing enthusiasts and their families have a chance to stop by and learn the latest in boating, while taking time to have fun in all that downtown Morehead City has to offer, visiting our shops and restaurants and enjoying the many ancillary events that enhance the experience of enjoying the Crystal Coast Boat Show.”
Those who experience the Crystal Coast Boat Show year after year will see some traditional events return to the lineup, including the Sunshine Band’s kick-off celebration in Jaycee Park and the Morehead City chapter of the Antique Automobile Club of America’s 46th annual classic car show, as well as the Carteret Home Builders’ corn hole tournament.
From free sailboat rides by Sail Carteret to marine products and merchandise, there is something for the entire family to enjoy downtown.
The downtown Morehead City area provides restaurants, bars and shops to stop into after enjoying the boat show.
“We are so excited to present to the community a variety of events throughout the weekend, all celebrating some of the most vital industries to our Morehead City community,” said Lisa Rueh, executive director with Downtown Morehead City Inc. in the press release. “This event wouldn’t be possible without our wonderful partners and sponsors. “We welcome the community to come and see the largest in-water salt water boat show in Eastern NC and invite them to enjoy all that downtown Morehead City has to offer. Our downtown businesses are open and ready for you to come in and shop and dine while in town.”
For more information on the Crystal Coast Boat Show and downtown Morehead City establishments, visit crystalcoastboatshow.com and downtownmoreheadcity.com or follow Downtown Morehead City Inc. on Facebook and Instagram.
The 2019 Crystal Coast
Boat Show schedule:
Saturday, May 18
• 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Boats in water and on land, Jaycee Park (across from Bask Hotel)
• 10:30 a.m.: The Sunshine Band, Jaycee Park.
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Morehead City chapter of the Antique Automobile Club of America 46th annual Car Show (vintage vehicles no less than 25 years old), 800 block of Arendell Street.
• 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Sail Carteret sailing races and free sailboat rides, 10th Street beach.
• 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. DJ Raymond Rigsbee, Jaycee Park.
Sunday, May 19
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Boats in water and on land, Jaycee Park.
• Noon: Carteret County Home Builder Association “Builder Throwdown” Cornhole Tournament. Registration begins at 11 a.m. and a two player team is $150, 800 block of Arendell Street.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Sail Carteret sailing races and free sailboat rides, 10th Street beach.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: DJ Raymond Rigsbee, Jaycee Park.